- This event has passed.
Rob Kleeger speaks at ALA Annual Conference and Expo AGAIN!
May 5, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Are Law Firms Spending Their Money on the Wrong Areas of IT Security?
In this digital age of the cloud and software as a service (SaaS) deployments, more and more enterprise data is being created, transported, processed and stored outside of the corporate network boundaries. This makes traditional perimeter-based security controls and legacy network and endpoint protection solutions increasingly less relevant.
Join Rob Kleeger and Khizar Sheikh, Esq. who will cover how law firms traditionally have been spending money to secure their networks. You’ll learn about the data privacy and legal issues that may impact the way firms deal with their clients’ data and third parties. We’ll also examine how to implement best practices to offset the data breach trend. Additionally, we’ll explain ransomware and social engineering, and how firms can help their clients (and yourselves) understand and deal with the financial and business risks these threats represent.
- Review the traditional ways firms have been safeguarding their corporate network.
- Examine the various compliance and risk aspects of the business of law.
- Discuss the external and internal top cyber threats.
- Identify practical ways to secure data from future threats.
- Define ransomware and social engineering.