Rob Kleeger will provide a Webinar to the ALA - Association of Legal Administrators
Ransomware hackers are increasingly using phishing and other social engineering attacks to sneak into consumer and business computers, encrypt files containing documents and other important data, and demand a ransom to get back the files. They sometimes pose as the FBI or other law enforcement officials and claim that the ransom is a fine for viewing illegal material and that failure to pay the fine will result in criminal prosecution. Consumers, businesses and government agencies are falling prey to these schemes. Please join us for our course for legal management professionals and lawyers on ransomware and social engineering, and how you can help your clients (and yourselves) understand and deal with the financial and business risks these threats represent.
- Explain what ransomware and social engineering are, how they happen, and the dangers they pose.
- Discuss legal and law enforcement response and remedies.
- Describe how to protect your clients and yourself.
- Discuss what happens if you do or don't pay the ransom.
- Analyze the benefit of using an enterprise risk management approach.